Italy bans entry from Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro due to COVID-19 – statement

© Reuters/Remo Casilli FILE PHOTO: Many of Rome’s top five-star hotels remain closed despite easing of COVID-19 restriction

ROME (Reuters) – Italy on Thursday banned people coming from Serbia, Kosovo and Montenegro from entering its territory to prevent the importation of COVID-19 cases from the outside.

“Anyone who has been in these territories in the last 14 days is prohibited from entry and transit in Italy. In the world the epidemic is in its hardest phase. We need the maximum caution to defend the progress we have made so far,” Health Minister Roberto Speranza said in a statement.

Last week Italy had already banned entry to people coming from 13 countries, including Brazil, that it said presented an excessive rate of COVID-19 infections.

source:Reuters

About Bizzy Gh

BizzyGh is one of the Leading News, Sports,Entertainment, Lifestyle and Gossip website today. BizzyGh delivers captivating and engaging entertainment, videos and More!

Check Also

BREAKING NEWS: Prophet TB Joshua dies at age 57

The pastor of Synagogue Church of All Nations in Lagos, Prophet TB Joshua has died …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com