Fire kills 5-year-old boy in Ashanti Region

File Photo

A five-year-old boy perished when he got trapped in an inferno that gutted a nine-bedroom apartment last Saturday night at Ahwiaa Over-Seas, in the Kwabre-East District of Ashanti Region.

The deceased whose name was only given as Bernard, was in the room with his 12-year-old sister when the fire started, but could not escape with her due to the severity of the fire. 

Properties worth thousands of Ghana cedis were lost to the fire, while none of the belongings of the tenants in the building could be salvaged. 

Confirming the incident to the Ghana News Agency at Mamponteng, Divisional Officer Grade 1 (DO1), Adjei Fofie, the Kwabre-East Municipal Commander of the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS), said it took firemen from Mampongteng, more than two hours to douse the fire.

He said the cause of the fire is not immediately known, but his outfit has commenced investigations to unravel it. 

He said the earlier callers dialed 191 which is the ambulance service number, instead of 192, the emergency number for the fire service and that “all the earlier calls went to the wrong line”. 

Meanwhile, the charred remains of Bernard is being kept at a Morgue.

Source: ghananewsagency.org

About Bizzy Gh

BizzyGh is one of the Leading News, Sports,Entertainment, Lifestyle and Gossip website today. BizzyGh delivers captivating and engaging entertainment, videos and More!

Check Also

Alleged stripper in Akwatia dies mysteriously while twerking naked on stage

The late Ama Broni A young lady, resident in Akwatia, allegedly known to be a …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com